An financial professional, Ogechi Ifeoma Anya, has beneficial some viable options to among the challenges going through the nation’s digital fee techniques.
She revealed these options in an article the place she defined the background of the system, operations, challenges and potential options to Nigeria’s digital fee techniques.
Talking in regards to the impacts of e-payment system on the nation’s economic system, she stated:“There are a number of benefits of digital foreign money for companies, banks, and different monetary organizations. Digital cash is a type of digital fee know-how that can be utilized to make safe on-line purchases with the anonymity and comfort of conventional money. A reliable digital money system can shield the privateness of its authorized customers whereas making it potential to trace the origin of any counterfeit payments or laundered funds. To guard the monetary establishment, it’s potential to revoke the digital money’s anonymity if prison conduct has taken place. Digital foreign money is an infallible technique of stopping the unauthorized dissemination of content material since it’s potential to trace situations of double spending, which in flip safeguards content material by revealing the identification of the double spender.”
Nonetheless, quoting among the challenges in response to her, even within the industrialised world, the numerous benefits of digital funds will not be with out their drawbacks.
In keeping with Ogedebe and Babatunde (2012) in Sumanjeet (2009), the primary obstacles to e-payment middle on integrity and ensuring cash isn’t modified whereas being despatched. To make sure that all events have indeniable affirmation of supply, with out regard to their repute. To make sure privateness and forestall snooping, or the disclosure of delicate info throughout a transaction. To make sure a decrease charge of failure, or reliability, we conduct checks. Authorization and guaranteeing that persons are correctly acknowledged and given the suitable entry.”
In the meantime, whereas preferring some lasting options, she wrote: “Extra consciousness is required to draw unbanked individuals.
2. Banks should educate and promote digital funds so Nigerians will use them. Digital fee can cut back money’s difficulties. Money and checks undergo a number of levels, rising their loss or theft threat. Transport and counting are examples. Most Nigerians don’t perceive e-payments’ advantages and are sluggish to make use of them. Coaching for financial institution executives will assist increase e-payments.
3. Nigeria’s authorities ought to embrace digital funds.
4. Develop and standardise relevant laws for digital approval processes, client safety, and e-transactions.
5. Authorities and industrial organizations ought to improve the important infrastructure by fostering know-how improvement, recruiting professionals, and lengthening high-speed info networks to foster e-payment.
6. A steady energy provide is required to understand the advantages of the brand new fee scheme (EPS).
7. CDs/flash drives ought to be safe and delivered as supposed,” she highlighted.
Chevron breaks silence on ‘plans to depart Nigeria’
N77trn debt: We’re again to darkish days, Nigerians cry out
Nervousness mounts over new naira notes deadline