November 30, 2022

STATINFO.BIZ

INTERNET PROVIDER BLOG

Bwari assault: Your security is assured – DHQ assures FCT residents

Chief of Defence Employees Basic Leo Irabor

…Says 2,016 terrorists give up, 2 Chibok women rescued

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) Thursday assured Nigerians notably residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of its dedication to sort out all safety challenges confronting Abuja and its environs.

The navy excessive command additionally urged residents to not panic however assist the navy and different safety companies to take care of the safety threats.

 Director Defence Media Operations (DMO) Maj.-Gen. Benard Onyeuko who said this in Abuja whereas updating journalists on navy operations throughout the nation, urged folks to go about their regular enterprise, saying   their security is assured.

“The hierarchy of the Armed Forces of Nigeria and different safety companies needs to re-assured Nigerians of its dedication and pact with all Nigerians. With the current operations carried out 23 July, we want to guarantee residents of FCT Abuja specifically that we’re undaunted and unrelenting in our efforts to make sure the protection of lives and properties.

“Individuals ought to go about their regular enterprise as their security is assured. The assist and cooperation of all Nigerians is hereby solicited as safety is all people’s enterprise. Residents are inspired to report any uncommon individuals in your neighborhood to safety companies. For those who see one thing, say one thing,” he mentioned.

Talking on the current assault on Guards Brigade troopers by terrorists in Bwari Space council the place three troopers misplaced their lives, Onyeuko mentioned an enormous operation to fish out the perpetrators with a view to ending insurgency actions within the affected areas is underway.

See also  Troops kill bandits off Kaduna-Abuja Freeway, rescue 2 victims 

Talking additional, he mentioned troops of Joint Job Drive Operation HADIN KAI within the North East, rescued many civilians at Aulari in Borno state together with two Chibok women Hanatu Musa and Kauna Sarah Luka who’re on serial quantity 7 and 38 of the lacking Chibok women.

In line with him, a complete of two,016 suspected Boko Haram terrorists/Islamic State of West Africa Province terrorists and their households comprising of 360 males, 580 females and 1076 youngsters surrendered to troops at varied areas within the North East theatre of Operation through the interval underneath evaluation.

He mentioned all rescued civilians and recovered gadgets had been handed over to related authority, whereas surrendered Boko Haram terrorists and their households had been profiled and handed over to the suitable companies for additional motion.